Monday, October 24, 2011

The Day He Took You

This is a dedication to my grandfather, who carried immense love in his heart

I dreamt of you today,
Holding those weary dreams under the yellow street lights, somewhere in the middle of the road to Heaven,
You laid wide awake in your sleep, while the world around you laid peacefully in their slumber,
I heard the sky thunder as He Called for you to return to His Majestic Kingdom,
You softly smiled with tears in your eyes as you shed this earthly skin,
The angels happily welcomed you onboard the Train of Light to carry you to His Door,
I stood at this life’s gate, gently waving you this temporary goodbye, quietly kissing the afterglow of your love as it left a trial behind,
I watched the ground open its heart to forever hold you close,
It told me not to weep, as your soul had been so kind, it would give more life to the flowers and the trees,
It told me death can never be the end of love, it is just a new start,
With that, I woke up to hear your heart beat in mine and I wiped away a tear as I thanked you for all the thousand silent moments that we spent between our smiles,
And I knew, till we meet again, you would always live inside my heart.

No comments:

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...