Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Pen's Confessions

It was when the black birds pulled the night's curtain over the sky that the moon, unveiled her radiant self to the Earth. I sat in her trance, while my pen bounced across the pages of my journal, trying to reconnect to the ghosts that haunted, the empty alleys of my troubled mind.

I gently fell in, like November's first snowflakes and saw winter set in your eyes. I painted my heart, a bright gold, to remind me of the sun, as I crossed over your icy words. In standing before you, I saw clouds of hope floating away from your face. Your barren lips, anchored to the bottom of your blackened heart, whispered sounds without any sensation of life in them.

I smiled at you, secretly hoping, somewhere you kept me alive in your body, where I once touched you. I searched high and low till the point I lost myself in the strands of your soul, and found that it was already filled with a new world that laid far beyond the reach of my comprehension.

So, I looked up at the sky as the rain poured down my face. I quietly turned away, hiding my saddened heart in the clasp of my little hand. My feet, led me on, while somewhere on the other side, the flame of the love that burnt for you, softly died. I crawled on my knees into a cave, to keep myself warm from the changing winds. For a long time, I watched the sun in my heart, silently grow cold. Not being able to feel the warmth any longer, I gathered myself and left. When I gazed ahead, I was still under the majestic moon, as my pen bounced across the pages of my journal.

No comments:

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...