Friday, September 23, 2011

All The Things He Forgot

I think he forgot, the love that danced in my eyes for him,
I think he forgot, the sleepless nights we spent laughing away,
I think he forgot, how my lips kissed the tips of his fingers,
I think he forgot, the weight I carried for his safe passage,
I think he forgot, the million conversations scattered between us,
I think he forgot, how we ran freely under the clear blue skies,
I think he forgot, the heat of my hand in his,
I think he forgot, the warmth he felt when I held him close to me,
I think he forgot, the thoughts that rolled back and forth between us,
I think he forgot, the broken dreams I wiped away from his eyes,
I think he forgot, the smile on my face as I watched him breathe,
But I mainly think he forgot me.

No comments:

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...