Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Found Me

The day you left, with the door of our house ajar and the handle down, I locked you in my heart, hiding the key, so nobody could find it in a million lifetimes. I silently talked to the pale moon about you, as the stars quietly gazed down. I left behind a trial of little notes with pieces of me all over the place, so you could always find them, incase I was gone too long. Even in your absence, you were always here, running errands in my mind.

I, only, remembered you were gone when my solitude really began to feel like mine and the empty room cried out, like the lonely wolf's howl, in the darkness. It was then, the echoes of footsteps stopped and I knew nobody was coming. It was then, those little notes became dust in the wind. I had forgotten to breathe, because I undoubtedly thought, my body was alive only with your breath. Angry bouts of sadness, fought their way down my cheeks until they fell away to the floor.

Startled, I woke up with forever, etched across my mind but decided it was too late now, so kissed love permanently goodnight. In the middle, when dreams laid themselves upon me, I stretched out my hand across the bed for you, but found my slow-motioned imagination, taking me down memory lane over and over again, until my pillow was soaked in your remembrance.

I ran to look for where you were, but all the streets on the map had changed their names. So I stopped in disillusion before deciding to return. It was that very moment, I mysteriously ran into myself and began to fall in love. It finally, gave me the courage, to open the cage of my heart and give you flight. The courage to breathe and to embrace, all I saw. It was then, I was able to raise my head up high and walk around like a giant with baby toes, parading everywhere, my new found treasure. I walked, until I stood before our house and invited myself in, to a new home.

No comments:

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...