Wednesday, November 25, 2020

If life came with instructions

Lying in the darkness
Listening to the falling rain
Most days the weight of these bones
Feels too heavy to carry
Shallow breathing
Stop
Deep breath
They're not coming back
The walls move in
You.must.stay
There is nowhere left to go
Too trapped to move
Close your eyes
Reach for a memory
His fading warmth and tenderness
Feel
Let it go
Take down the door
Come back
Please
Maybe they would?
Stop waiting
Days go by
Hold on
The rain is still falling
No, they wont
Say goodbye
Everything that I want has already left
Put the door back
Scream to the sky
Maybe this time heavens will listen
Draw the curtains in
Say goodnight
Tomorrow is a new day.
Repeat.

No comments:

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...