Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Paper Prince

Since a long time, the hologram of your love, danced in the palm of my hand, while you were somewhere fighting your demons and conquering destiny. I had given up this cold addiction of you, but the warmth of the pain, echoing in my body, reminded me, you were still there. So I followed the trial and it led me to the alley of all your broken promises. I turned around in the corner, to discover the emptiness in your words; all those times, I found nothing. A tear fell from my eye and conjured up a storm in my heart. I slowed down to count the years gone by, but then what difference do simplified numbers make? The past is gone and done with, just as you are. Tell me, what good is a man, who plucked the Heaven's Rose, only to bury it in the Earth's ground, without feeling its passion? What good is the lover, who never left the safety of the harbour, to search for his beloved's soul? And what good is that love, that is taught with words rather than the silence trickling between the breaths?

Like the lost gull at sea, how long, I had circled around your castle's door, waiting to be welcomed and when you let the gates down, I had already sought new lands where I laid down my nest. So farewell, farewell, oh paper prince of mine, for this fairytale book, has come to an end.

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...