Sunday, May 03, 2009

Forgiveness

So the façade comes tumbling down, leaving me exposed to the open wounds, I so blissfully accused you of. The scars I paraded around on your name have begun to change. They no longer hold you responsible. The silence that ran parallel inside of me screams my own, as it hits the walls of my heart over and over again, leaving my body paralyzed with fear.


So now, layer by layer, the truth falls to the ground. I was so numb to my own existence that when I took you in, I felt my pain flow inside of you. I, deliriously, deceived myself for it to be yours. Your love became the drug in my veins that slowly dissipated throughout my body until I was rendered crippled without you. I, so, conveniently loved to point fingers at how you made me feel so broken. Yet, I found myself unable to let you go. Your voice made my body sing with pleasure. It made me dance to the songs that were unsung. The more you etched yourself inside of me, the more I felt alive. Until I completely forgot myself, and you became the reason I lived.


In our fervor of passion, we lost all sense of identities, pulling each other down in the quiet drone of our madness until each faded away into nonexistence.


So now that you’re gone and I’m alone, night after night, my body throws out the poison I fed myself. The tears go rumbling down, seeking forgiveness from my soul, for the atrocities I submit it to. You were merely an actor for the script I wrote. Finally, the time has come to take a bow and let the curtain fall close. You are free to walk where you will…and so am I…

2 comments:

Sukaina Juma said...

"The tears go rumbling down"... sigh. Poetry. Duh!

AkS said...

u r too good with words...

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...