Tuesday, February 01, 2005

She

As I lie, under the darkened blanket of the night, my heart yearns for what the eyes do not see. Silent screams, trapped between the walls and my body, failing to vanquish, as unspoken words trench into deep desires. Distance torments every inch of me, while memories force my eyes shut. There, she comes alive once again. The way she moves in and out, playing twisted games of love. She’ll take me down to explore the dimension of her being, only to shut me out as I reach in to touch her. Heightened emotions come crippling down to the gloominess of solitude. Yet, she lingers around, never really moving out of my sight. She flaunts her innocence in her eyes and her smiles, making me want her more. I want to surround her in a wave of passion, to teach her unconditional devotion. I want her within my sphere of protection, to secure her celestial body besides mine. I want her feeling the warmth of my trust, to rekindle her dying flame.
Doesn’t she know how much I need her? She always seems to stray so easily from me. I run through a maze of confusion, chasing her at every corner. But when I turn, she’s no where to be seen. My world quickly falls to despair, breaking down every part. Then, like a lost child restored to his mother, her subtle presence awakens in me a stream of blinded joy. The flow of her soft words and caresses trample my fears away. Temptation, to entrap her, pierces through me. Even though she’s aware that she belongs to me, the lust of declaring her, forever to be mine, is strengthened with every look. The beauty of her face brings comfort to my soul. The sweetness in her voice brings harmony to my world. I can’t tolerate the thought of her slipping through my hands.
Yet, I do not hold on to her. I want her free from the shackles; to run where she wills. To share her laughter amidst whom she wills. She’s aware she belongs to me, isn’t she? She’ll come back. She always does. These are her mindless games. Till then, I lie under the darkened blanket of the night, as the heart yearns for what the eyes do not see. Silent screams, trapped between the walls and my body, failing to vanquish, as unspoken words trench into deep desires…

3 comments:

Lorena said...

your writing is so fluid and lyrical. as i read it i imagined myself in your place. you write with great passion. lovely :)

Linda Jones Malonson said...

How very interesting. I just created a blog called Mind Locks because I wanted to share some of my short stories about my culture and all that it entails; raw, with open and honest dialogue. I just posted about my "She" that's within me .. and reading this brings back to mind ... the commonalities of a truly divine sisterhood. How then can humanity as a whole, act like we are not connected. I am glad you dropped in to visit me, for indeed this will become one of my favorite blogs to read. Thank you for being in my circle!

Abhishek Mishra said...

Awesome!!! "She" is my favourite... May God Bless You with all you want buddy!!!

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...