Sunday, February 06, 2005

The Free Spirit

I move with the summer breeze
Once was trapped but now i have been set free
Sunrises and sunsets no more matter to me
I reached a higher place which you yourself 1 day will see

No more to run thru heaps of leaves
No more to run thru the flowers or beside the trees
I now run in your heart and mind
I run on the paths which u someday will find

This world is my carousel
Round and round i go on it as many times as i will
I dont have tomorrow i dont have today
I walk this earth without knowing every passing day

Shrouded in white a naked body somewhere lies
A girl sleeps peacefully while around the world cries
As i walk over there to see
I realized that girl whose lying quietly is me

I remember the life i lived before
Everything has changed nothing is like that anymore
The mold of clay which with me was brought alive
Is now lying dead as time couldnt be defied

The lips that once spoke now are hushed
The hands that once stroked now of life are flushed
The lips that once smiled now are still
The hands that once held now no more will

The legs that once walked will forever lie
The chest that once breathed will never again sigh
The eyes that once shined will now forever stare
Into nothing but emptiness this lifeless glare

I always believed to see another day
Never thought this clock would just tick away
Dear Angel you have by God's Will claimed my soul
Death will forever linger where once was my life's hole

So take my body down to my grave
Where i'll be buried would be my final resting place
My real home though away from light
But at least no more to worry about that Earthly flight

Do not cry for me i will never return
Even with one tear in your eyes my soul with pain will burn
Keep me alive in your memories and heart
May be that way we wont seem this far apart

2 comments:

Subiet said...

Hey Tazeen, your whole blog was a treat to my literary senses, especially this post, amazing is sure an under statement.

Snowbear said...

WOW!

I would be encouraged by any unbiased REVIEW of my first novel attempt, by you and your readers:
THE NEPHILIM AGE
by D. DeLane Snow

VERSE:
http://thesalunscrolls.blogspot.com/
STORY:
http://www.freewebs.com/neph_001/
BLOG:
http://thenephilimage.blogspot.com/

Thank you, I would be honored.

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...