Saturday, August 13, 2022

Daddy's little girl

Daddy's little girl. 
The country's whore,
Carrying the cold winter,
Like a happy rainbow. 
My soft slow gentle hands, 
Cutting through the heat of the shame,
Lifting these veils of pretense, 
Letting the heaviness fall under its own weight,
Looking in each other's eyes, 
The rage you burnt is the fuel in me,
My mother birthed me on the day of Bloodshed and victories,
Thy Kingdom shall come,
But the wars that we waged were unholy, 
Flinching at the sound of each other's voice. Daddy's most favorite. 
I told you, I'm you 
But you couldn't even look at me. 
Vehemently shaking your head, 
God have mercy if that'd be true
But I still have your broken heart and mine,
Carrying longings for love,
Sheltering strangers to feel a piece of home
I told you, I'm you 
Too hurt and full of pride to give in,
Held up our heads so strong,
Unbreakable,
Until we both broke one another.
The hate you got, you gifted to me.
Open wounds passed on wakefully
I hope you're finally at peace. 
And when the final day arrives, 
when all our sins are forgiven 
Maybe for the first time, 
We can stand heart to heart
And forgive each other
Forgive each other for not being enough
Then you can say
Daddy's little girl 
Oh how you are proud of me
Maybe then it would finally be heaven for me.

No comments:

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...