Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Strangers

I wonder if you think of me as much as I think of you,
What would you remember from my face? 
I can still outline the crinkles of your eyes,

The corner of your mouth when you smiled,
What would we say if we ever ran into each other? 
Now that we're strangers. 
We've been years apart,
You are a stranger. 
But you were the only person who ever felt like home to me,
Now, what does that make me? 
I would show you how I lost the color from my hair on the eve of our goodbye,
I lost the color from my world too,
I still see emptiness more than light. 
I also lost my voice, 
Too many days where I drowned the desperation inside of me,
Too many days alone by the sea thinking,

What would you say if you ever saw me that way?
I would show you the wrinkles underneath my eyes,
The tiredness only you held back for me.
I'm losing things again. 
Time, space, objects,
Me,
Orienting my face towards the sun, 
Repeating the Mantra into life like my breath, 
I'm here. I'm here. 
Even if you remain gone. 

No comments:

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...