Monday, July 21, 2008

Good morning, Sunshine!

So here I am again. Breaking promises to myself. I wasn’t suppose to be shedding tears but that place, where we made a thousand memories, missed your existence terribly and somehow along with those memories it witnessed the tears as they fell. Forgive me for my weakness, if that’s what you call it. There were too many emotions that were anew to me but, finally, I’m letting you go.

You were a hope for me. A constant reminder that I deserved so much better than what I had bargained for. You were that single burning flame in the darkness, my own love had drowned me in. Your laughter defied the sound of the sadness perpetuating inside me. You were the sunshine, greeting me, after the long silent night.

You gave this motionless body, a soul to feel life, touch it and feel divine; your divinity. The crystal clear glance that you laid upon me washed the sins from my scars to restore purity and innocence to this unholy flesh of mine.

And there you were, always silent, yet your voice echoed through every inch of me. And I heard you, I came, I stumbled, I fell hard, I loved and then I lost... only to be born again. So here I am again. Alive. With a heart filled with love and a face full of smiles, yet somewhere inside me, my wings are still broken and I’m learning to fly… but I’ve been changed by you.

1 comment:

Sukaina Juma said...

This became even more beautiful after you explained it to me :)

Call me love

I'm throwing up my hands.  I don't want this war Don't let me leave Stop.  I'm throwing up my hands.  Waving the White Flag ...